Don’t have an oven or don’t want to heat up the house? Try this easy recipe for making crispy and tasty kale chips in the microwave!
- 1 bunch washed kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Remove stems from freshly washed kale. Place leaves in a large glass mixing bowl and add olive oil and salt (optional). Toss until kale is evenly coated with oil.
- Drape leaves evenly in a single layer around the edges and base of a glass bowl or plate. Try not to let them overlap, to allow even cooking.
- Place dish in microwave, and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Carefully remove dish (use an oven mitt, since the dish will be hot!), and test the leaves for crispiness.
- If the leaves are not crispy, microwave on high for another 3 minutes, then check again. Continue microwaving in 1 minute increments until the leaves are uniformly crispy (about 8-10 min total).
- Sprinkle with your favorite seasonings and enjoy!
Nutrition Information / Amount Per Serving (1 cup): Calories 58, Total Fat 3.9 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 603.0 mg, Total Carbohydrates 5.0 g, Fiber 2.0 g, Protein 2.4 g