These healthy baked vegetable frittatas include a variety of vegetables and provide a quick and easy solution to breakfast on a busy morning.
- 12 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 yellow squash, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin well (or use muffin papers*).
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the pepper, onion, and squash. Cook until the vegetables are soft but not brown, about 6 or 7 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Remove the skillet from the heat; add the broccoli and stir.
- Fill each cup halfway with the vegetable mixture. Pour in the beaten egg, filling each cup to the top. Bake in the oven until egg is set in the center, about 20 minutes.
(Note: egg muffins will puff up while cooking, but will eventually sink back down.)
*If using muffin papers, it is best to let the egg muffins cool before removing paper.
Nutrition Information / Servings (12) / Amount Per Serving (1 muffin): Calories: 108, Total Fat 8.2 g, Saturated Fat 2.0 g, Cholesterol 186.0 mg, Sodium 266.7mg, Total Carbohydrates 1.8 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 6.6 g