Tzatziki Dip is a Mediterranean style dip made from yogurt, cucumber and herbs. Try this dip to top meats, salads, sandwiches or dip with bread and vegetables!
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Grate cucumber and squeeze out liquid with hands.
- Place cucumber on a large plate covered with paper towels to absorb the remaining liquid.
- Combine all ingredients and stir well to blend.
- Serve immediately or after one hour of refrigeration for more developed flavor.
- You can peel the cucumber first, but leaving the peel on adds fiber.
- For a more traditional version, use whole milk Greek yogurt instead of fat-free.
- Tzatziki dip can be used in a variety of ways, from topping meats, salads, and sandwiches to dipping breads and vegetables.
Nutrition Information / Amount Per Serving (2 tablespoons): Calories 12, Total Fat 0.1 g, Saturated Fat 0.0 g, Cholesterol 0.4 mg, Sodium 49.2 mg, Total Carbohydrates 1.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 1.1 g