Easy, fast, and healthy. This quick recipe offers a sweet, tangy and flavorful twist on fresh oranges.
- 2 navel oranges
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon agave syrup or a runny honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Mint springs for garnish and chopped on top of each serving
- Slice off the top and bottom of each orange.
- Stand each orange on one of the cut ends. Using a very sharp knife, peel away thin strips from the orange, cutting off the membrane and peel.
- Slice the oranges into quarters. Then, slice the quarters. Place sliced oranges in bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, agave syrup/honey, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Pour sauce over the oranges and garnish with mint.
Nutrition Information / Servings (4) / Amount Per Serving (1/2 cup): Calories 44, Total Fat 0.1g, Saturated Fat 0.0 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 76.6 mg, Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 0.7 g