This delicate white fish recipe with a tomato and olive sauce is a quick and easy way to incorporate more seafood in your diet!
- 4 thin white fish fillets (such as tilapia, flounder, or halibut)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15-oz.) can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pat fish filets dry with paper towels.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and set to medium heat.
- Cook fish in heated pan for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all other ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Turn fish to cook other side and add sauce mixture to pan.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes on medium heat, then check fish for doneness.
- Serve over brown rice, couscous, pasta, or any grain.
- You can add extra cooked veggies to the sauce, such as eggplant, spinach, or whatever you like.
Nutrition Information / Amount Per Serving (~6 oz.): Calories 143, Total Fat 8.1 g, Saturated Fat 0.2 g, Cholesterol 14.2 mg, Sodium 493.0 mg, Total Carbohydrates 11.2 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 6.9 g