These rich chocolate brownies are gluten-free– but you would not even know it!
Yield: 12 brownies
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup plain walnuts, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Grease bottom of 8-inch square pan, leaving sides ungreased.
- Place butter in the top of a double boiler over hot water and stir until melted. Add cocoa powder and whisk until fully incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Mix sugar, salt, tapioca flour, potato starch, xanthan gum and baking soda until blended. Add dry blend to chocolate mixture.
- Blend together the milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Add to chocolate batter. Mix in walnut pieces.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until set. Allow to cool before cutting.
Adjusted for 5,000 feet—will work from 3,500 -6,500 feet.
Nutrition Facts (serving size 1 brownie): Calories 240, Calories from Fat 110, Total Fat 13g, Saturated Fat 6g, Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 18g, Protein 4g