These gluten-free brownies are chewy and delicious!
Makes 24 brownies
- 1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2/3 cup millet flour
- 2/3 cup corn starch
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13×8 inch pan.
Combine sugar, water, oil and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Combine flours, xanthan gum, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture.
- Spread into prepared baking pan. Bake 18-22 minutes or until wooden pick comes out slightly sticky.
Adjusted for 5,000 feet—will work from 3,500 -6,500 feet.
Nutrition Facts (serving 1 2″ brownie): Calories 180, Calories from Fat 90, Total Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 1.5g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g, Protein 1g