The addition of dates brings sweetness and moisture to this gluten-free quick bread!
Makes 18 servings
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄2 cup dates, pitted and chopped roughly 1⁄2 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Coat three small loaf pans with cooking spray. (Alternatively, coat a single 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.)
- Place dates in a food processor. Pour warm water over them to soak for 5 minutes. Pulse to puree dates. Pour into large bowl.
- Combine flours, salt, baking powder and xanthan gum in a small bowl. Add sugar and egg to dates in large bowl and combine well. Slowly incorporate flour mixture into liquid mixture until thoroughly combined. Add vanilla extract.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center of the loaves comes out clean.
Adjusted for 5,000 feet—will work from 3,500 -6,500 feet.
Nutrition Facts (serving 1 slice / servings per container 18): Calories 110, Calories from Fat 5, Total Fat 0.5g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 26g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 16g, Protein 1g