These gluten-free apple muffins use teff flour along with arrowroot starch and brown rice flour.
Yield 8-12 muffins
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup teff flour
- 1⁄2 cup arrowroot starch
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder 1 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 apple, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400oF. Grease muffin pans.
- Combine flours, arrowroot starch, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Separately, mix eggs, oil and milk.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and combine with a few strokes. Fold in the apple pieces.
- Fill greased muffin pans 3⁄4 full. Bake for 20 minutes.
Adjusted for 5,000 feet—will work from 3,500 -6,500 feet.
Nutrition Facts (serving size 1 muffin, 97g / servings per container 8-12): Calories 260, Calories from Fat 80, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 42g, Dietary Fiber 2g,Sugars 19g, Protein 4g