These baked jalapeño poppers are a healthier alternative to traditional jalapeño poppers!
Makes 10 servings
- 10 jalapenos, cut in half, seeds removed
- One 8 ounce brick of reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Mexican style or sharp cheddar shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 350 ̊F.
- Cut jalapeno peppers in half. Scoop out the inside membrane and theseeds.
- Fill each pepper with a spoonful of cream cheese.
- Sprinkle each pepper with shredded cheese.
- Place peppers on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 15—20 minutes and enjoy!
- Scrub the jalapenos under cool running water before you get started.
- When working with chile peppers, wear gloves and glasses to keep the capsaicin oil away from sensitive ?areas.