This apple crisp is a delicious gluten-free dessert!
Makes 6-8 Servings
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats (gluten-free)
- 1⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 medium-sized Gala apples
- 1/3 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix the dry ingredients including brown sugar and spices in a bowl. Add soft butter to the dry mixture, and then gently mix for about a minute.
- Peel the apples, and slice in 1⁄4 inch-thick slices. Spread the apple slices on the buttered pan (6”/6”).
- Sprinkle the mixed ingredients on the apple slices. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes (till apple slices are tender and the top is golden brown).
- Remove from the oven and bring to room temperature for serving.
Adjusted for 5,000 feet—will work from 3,500 -6,500 feet.
Nutrition Facts (serving size 1 square / servings per container 6): Calories 300, Calories from Fat 100, Total Fat 11g, Saturated 11g, Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 0g, Total Carbohydrate 53g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 2g