This simple salad incorporates kale and avocado with the sweetness of golden raisins and the tartness of lemon and vinegar. Try it today!
- 1 bundle green kale
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill a pot with 2 cups of water, bring to a boil.
- Wash and roughly chop/tear kale into 2 inch pieces.
- Add the kale to the boiling water for 30 seconds, and then remove from heat. Drain and run under cold water immediately (or dunk in a bowl of ice water). Drain again and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place kale in a large bowl, add the avocado and raisins. Mash with a fork until avocado is incorporated.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Nutrition Information / Amount Per Serving (1/2 cup): Calories 168, Total Fat 5.7 g, Saturated Fat 0.8 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 30.3 mg, Total Carbohydrates 30.2 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Added Sugars g, Protein 3.3 g