Kale and Brussels sprouts come together in this crunchy and delicious salad.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large bunches of kale, any type (about 1 1/2 pounds), center stem discarded and leaves thinly sliced
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup almonds with skins, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard, shallot, garlic, salt, and a pinch of pepper in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Mix kale and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add almonds. Stir frequently until golden brown. Place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain, and sprinkle with salt.
- Whisk the remaining olive oil into the bowl with the lemon juice mixture.
- Add dressing and cheese to vegetables, toss to combine.
- Garnish with toasted almonds.
Nutrition Information / Amount Per Serving ( ~1 cup): Calories 220, Total Fat 17.2 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 6.4 mg, Sodium 324.3 mg, Total Carbohydrates 12.8 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 7.9 g