This salad uses massaged kale, which makes the kale less bitter, along with garlic, lemon and parmesan cheese for a fun and different salad.
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely minced
- 1 bunch of green curly or lacinato kale, washed, stemmed, and cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded (optional)
- 1/4 cup roasted nuts of choice, chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine crushed/minced garlic and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add kale, and cover with olive oil. Using your clean hands, massage the oil into the kale until the leaves soften and turn a darker green, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour lemon and garlic mixture over kale, toss to coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top salad with parmesan cheese and roasted nuts, if desired.
Nutrition Information / Servings (4) / Amount Per Serving (1 cup): Calories 128, Total Fat 10.8 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 171.5 mg, Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 3.1 g