This Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole is sure to please the whole family!
- Cooking spray
- 3 1/2 lbs. sweet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a pot with a large steamer basket in place. Put the sweet potatoes in the basket, cover, and steam until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. If you don’t have a steamer basket, microwave sweet potatoes. To do this, poke holes throughout potatoes, then cover with a paper towel. Cook for 5 minutes, flip potatoes, then cook for 5 more minutes. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl and let cool slightly.
- Add honey, egg, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to potatoes; whip with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking dish; smooth out with a spatula.
- Mix the brown sugar, pecans, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl; sprinkle evenly over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake until hot and beginning to brown around the edges, 40 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Information / Amount Per Serving (2/3 cup): Calories 261, Total Fat 4.0 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 23.3 mg, Sodium 236.6 mg, Total Carbohydrates 54.0 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 4.4 g