- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 Tbs vegetable or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup frozen or canned peas
- 2-3 Tbs soy sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté the chicken with the garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots and broccoli and cook until tender.
- Add the brown rice, soy sauce, and peas. Mix thoroughly until warmed.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Serve hot.
- If you do not have sesame oil, use regular vegetable or olive oil.
- Substitute or add in different vegetables, like diced onion.
- Use canned, frozen, or fresh vegetables.
- Top with sliced green onions or a fried egg.