These delicious and simple pancakes use bananas and peanut butter as a healthy addition!
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 Tbs baking powder (not baking soda)
- 1 Tbs sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 over-ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat a griddle or skillet to medium heat.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt) together in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (milk, mashed banana, peanut butter, egg, canola oil, and vanilla). Pour this into the flour mixture and stir until it is well mixed.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the preheated griddle. Cook until tiny bubbles form on the top (2-5 minutes). Flip and continue cooking until the bottoms are browned (another 2-3 minutes).
- Repeat until all the batter is used up. Keep finished pancakes warm.