- 1 can garbanzo beans (15-oz.), drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans (15-oz.), drained and rinsed
- 1 can green beans (15-oz.), drained and rinsed
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbs sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbs olive or vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the beans, pepper, and celery, if using.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Chill before serving to allow the flavors to combine.
- Substitute different beans you like and have on-hand.
- To make this more filling, substitute out the green beans for another can of beans, like cannellini beans.
- Add sliced green onions or diced red onion.
- Add fresh or dried herbs, like parsley.