- 2 cans black beans (15-oz. each), drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 Tbs sour cream or plain yogurt (optional)
- 2 Tbs green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, to taste (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, combine beans, broth, salsa, and cumin. Blend until smooth.
- Heat the bean mixture in a pot over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
- Pour soup into 4 bowls. Serve with 1 Tbs sour cream or yogurt, ½ Tbs green onion, and chopped cilantro if desired.