- Rinse fresh rhubarb stalks under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Puree rhubarb stalks in a food processor, juicer, or blender.
- Strain juice through cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer.
- Let juice stand for several minutes, then skim any froth from the surface and strain again.
- For every 2 cups of rhubarb juice, add 3/4 -1 cup sugar and 6 cups of water to yield approximately 8 cups of rhubarbade. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Serve with ice. Garnish with strawberries, mint, or lime slices (optional).