More About Food Safety for Colorado Cottage Foods Producers
Offered by Colorado State University Extension, this new training program covers the specifics of the Colorado Cottage Food Act and how to safely operate a food business from a home kitchen. Length: 2.5 to 3 hours; 3-year certificate.
Participants will learn:
- Basic food safety – including proper hygiene; preventing cross contamination and cross contact of food allergens; temperature control for safe food preparation, storage, transport and sales
- Foods permissible in Colorado’s Cottage Food Act
- Ingredient labeling and disclaimer requirements
- Special considerations for food preparation at altitude
- Resources for going further