Offered by Colorado State University Extension, this new training program covers the specifics of the Colorado Cottage Food Act and how to safely operate a food business from a home kitchen. Length: 2.5 to 3 hours; 3-year certificate.
For specific Colorado locations, please contact your local county Extension office.
Participants will learn:
- Basic food safety – including proper hygiene; preventing cross contamination and cross contact of food allergens; temperature control for safe food preparation, storage, transport and sales
- Foods permissible in Colorado’s Cottage Food Act
- Ingredient labeling and disclaimer requirements
- Special considerations for food preparation at altitude
- Resources for going further
Other food safety trainings offered by CSU Extension:
- Online-Developing a Safe Food Business Certificate is a non-credit, 8-week, 16 contact-hour, online course offered by Colorado State University Online Plus. http://www.online.colostate.edu/certificates/food-safety/[WU3]