How to Store
Store uncooked rice in a closed container at room temperature. Refrigerate leftover cooked rice soon after serving and use within 3-5 days. Cooked rice also freezes well.
Five Tips for How to Use
- Bowls – Rice makes a great base for grain bowls. Top with your favorite, vegetables, protein, and sauce.
- Burritos – Add brown rice and beans plus your favorite veggies for a filling burrito.
- Casseroles – Add cheese and vegetables, like broccoli, and bake a rice casserole.
- Fried rice – There are many variations on fried rice. Add carrots, celery, or peas and whatever protein you have, such as chicken, tuna, or eggs. Try adding ingredients like pineapple for a tropical twist.
- Soup – Make a big batch of chicken and rice soup, adding ingredients like chiles, herbs, and lemon to boost flavor.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup frozen or canned peas
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté the chicken with the garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots and broccoli and cook until tender.
- Add the brown rice, soy sauce, and peas. Mix thoroughly until warmed.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Serve hot.
- If you do not have sesame oil, use regular vegetable or olive oil.
- Substitute or add in different vegetables, like diced onion.
- Use canned, frozen, or fresh vegetables.
- Top with sliced green onions or a fried egg.