With cooler weather, falling leaves, and summer coming to a close, autumn is a perfect time to play and be active outdoors.
Read below for ideas how you can stay active throughout the fall months:
- Go for a walk or hike and enjoy the beautiful foliage. Whether you head to the hills to enjoy a favorite hiking trail or just head out the door for a walk in your neighborhood, take advantage of the colorful scenery and cool, crisp air while being active at the same time.
- Rake leaves. Raking leaves is a great way to exercise, clean the lawn, and get outdoors without having to venture far. Make it fun — rake leaves with your children and let them jump in the pile!
- Pick apples or visit a pumpkin patch. Picking apples is not only fun, but requires a lot of walking, reaching, and often times carrying heavy bags of apples. Likewise, selecting the perfect pumpkin to bring home can be a process that involves walking up and down pumpkin fields.
- Visit a corn maze. Corn mazes are fun for all ages and usually require a lot of walking or running to find your way through. Try a daytime corn maze for the whole family or a haunted maze at night.
- Sign up for a holiday race. During the holiday season, especially around Thanksgiving, “Turkey Trots” or other races are common. Sign up for a 5k race with a friend or family member and enjoy a jog in the cool fall air!
With cooler weather and crunching leaves under your feet, take advantage of ways to stay active and enjoy the autumn season!