Try incorporating ankle circles into your daily routine to increase ankle strength.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Perform this exercise safely with proper alignment by sitting up straight and rolling your shoulders back.
- Use a sturdy chair that allows you to put both feet on the ground comfortably. Avoid chairs that wheel, rock, or have handles.
- Always check with your doctor before beginning a new type of physical activity, or if you experience any pain or discomfort before or after an activity.
During this exercise, place your hands down by your side on the edge of the chair, for added support and stability.
- Extend one leg straight out in front of you with a slight bend in the knee.
- Circle your ankle 10 times in one direction and then 10 times in the other direction.
- Switch legs and repeat.