Increase your shoulder strength by doing a shoulder press activity.
Use the tips listed below to help you get started:
- Perform this exercise safely with proper alignment by sitting up straight and rolling your shoulders back.
- Use a sturdy chair that allows you to put both feet on the ground comfortably. Avoid chairs that wheel, rock, or have handles.
- Always check with your doctor before beginning a new type of physical activity, or if you experience any pain or discomfort before or after an activity.
As with the bicep curls, for this exercise, you can use weights, soup cans or simply your hands while performing the movement.
- Start with your arms bent at 90-degree angle.
- Extend your arms up as high as they can go without locking your elbows.
- Slowly return your arms to a 90-degree angle. Try repeating this exercise in sets of 10-15 repetitions.