Increase your arm and shoulder strength by doing an arm circle activity.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Perform this exercise safely with proper alignment by sitting up straight and rolling your shoulders back.
- Use a sturdy chair that allows you to put both feet on the ground comfortably. Avoid chairs that wheel, rock, or have handles.
- Always check with your doctor before beginning a new type of physical activity, or if you experience any pain or discomfort before or after an activity.
- Extend both arms horizontally out from your shoulders, at shoulder height.
- Make circles with your arms in the forward direction, 10 times, and gradually make bigger circles.
- Repeat, circling your arms in the opposite direction.