Increase your arm strength and stay active with bicep curls.
Use the tips listed below to help you get started:
- Perform this exercise safely with proper alignment by sitting up straight and rolling your shoulders back.
- Use a sturdy chair that allows you to put both feet on the ground comfortably. Avoid chairs that wheel, rock, or have handles.
- Always check with your doctor before beginning a new type of physical activity, or if you experience any pain or discomfort before or after an activity.
For this exercise, you can use two weights or soup cans to make it more of a strength building exercise, or you can simply start by not using any weights and just performing the movements.
- Start with your arms by your sides and then bend at the elbows until your hands or the soup cans meet your shoulders.
- Slowly, with control, straighten your arms as you lower them to the starting position. Repeat 10-12 times.