Calf raises are a great way to increase leg strength and balance.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Perform this exercise safely with proper alignment by sitting up straight and rolling your shoulders back.
- Use a sturdy chair that allows you to put both feet on the ground comfortably. Avoid chairs that wheel, rock, or have handles.
- Always check with your doctor before beginning a new type of physical activity, or if you experience any pain or discomfort before or after an activity.
- With your feet flat on the ground, lift your heels as high as you can off of the ground.
- Place your hands firmly on your knees to make it more challenging and slowly, with control, lower your heels so that they almost touch the ground and then slowly raise them up as high as you can. Repeat 10-15 times.