Leg raises can be an easy way to increase your leg strength in almost any setting.
Try using the tips listed below to help you get started:
- Perform this exercise safely with proper alignment by sitting up straight and rolling your shoulders back.
- Use a sturdy chair that allows you to put both feet on the ground comfortably. Avoid chairs that wheel, rock, or have handles.
- Always check with your doctor before beginning a new type of physical activity, or if you experience any pain or discomfort before or after an activity.
- Place both feet flat on the ground.
- Lift your right leg off the ground and straighten it as you slowly lift it up to shoulder height, or as high as you can without discomfort or pain.
- Slowly lower it back to the ground while keeping your leg as straight as you can. Try repeating this 10 times.
- Re-bend your right leg, place your foot back on the ground and repeat the entire exercise with your left leg.
- Place your arms down by your sides or place them on the chair for additional support.