Recipe and photo by A Legume a Day.
- 3 cups cooked beans (=2 15-oz. cans) of your choice – try 2 different types of white beans (cannellini beans, butter beans, chickpeas, black-eyed peas, etc.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 – 3/4 cups mixed herbs, to taste – chives, parsley, dill, basil, cilantro, and/or others
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A handful of feta, crumbled
- A sprinkle of red pepper chili flakes, to taste (optional)
- Bread, for serving
- Drain and rinse beans. Add to a large bowl.
- Rinse herbs, dry, and chop. Add herbs, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and chili flakes to the beans. Leave out the feta initially so it doesn’t completely dissolve upon stirring. Mix well.
- Add in the crumbled feta and lightly mix. Taste for seasoning and adjust as desired.
- You can toast up bread now and serve immediately. If you have time though, let the flavors blend for a few hours in the refrigerator. The beans will soak up the flavors beautifully! Then, before serving, taste once more for flavor (it changes slightly while marinating in the fridge) and adjust if needed.
- A vinegar like white whine vinegar would work well, too.
- You can also enjoy this without toast, just as a bean salad.