© Photo by A Legume a Day
Chocolate Banana Black Bean Smoothie
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 2 large over-ripe bananas, frozen in chunks
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- Honey or sweetener of your choice, to taste (optional)
- Drain and rinse beans very well.
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend. You may need to scrape down the sides as you go and/or add a couple more splashes of milk.
- Serve and enjoy!
- It is really important to use over-ripe bananas (like ones you would use in banana bread) for a natural boost of sweetness in this smoothie.
- You could also do 3/4 cup milk instead of a mix of milk and yogurt.