© Photo by A Legume a Day
Deviled Egg Chickpea Pasta
- 8-oz. chickpea pasta
- 12 hard hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles (like bread and butter pickles)
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1.5 cups sliced celery
- 1 Tbs chopped dill, or to taste
- 1/2 – 1 tsp smoked paprika, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chives, diced, for serving (optional)
- Cook chickpea pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Make sure to reserve the pasta water when done cooking.
- Separate the whites and yolks of the hard cooked eggs. You will use the yolks to make the pasta sauce. Add the yolks to a medium-sized bowl and mash with the Dijon mustard, vinegar, yogurt, mayonnaise, and paprika. Start with 1/2 tsp and add more later if desired after tasting for seasoning.
- Chop the egg whites, sweet pickles, and dill. Dice the red onion; rinse celery and slice.
- To a large bowl, add the drained chickpea pasta, chopped/diced/sliced ingredients, and the sauce. Stir well. At this point, add small splashes of reserved pasta water if it is looking too dry.
- Taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper and make any other adjustments needed.
- Ideally, store the pasta salad in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving to allow the flavors time to blend. Taste again before serving and make any final adjustments. Top with fresh dill, cracked pepper, chives, and/or a dash of smoked paprika if desired.
- Try hot Dijon mustard or add a little hot sauce for an extra kick.