© Photo by A Legume a Day
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 1.5 cups (= 1 15-oz. can) cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, in oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, marinated in oil
- 2 Tbs artichoke heart marinade (the oil/marinade the artichoke hearts come in)
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, or to taste
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup crumbled feta, to taste
- Squeeze of lemon, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 green onion or handful of chives, sliced (optional)
- Greens, for serving
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place in a large bowl.
- Rinse and prepare bell pepper, cucumber, parsley, and green onions/chives if using. Add to the chickpeas.
- Chop the sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Add to the chickpeas with the artichoke heart marinade and a squeeze of lemon. Mix well. Top with feta and taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as necessary.
- Serve on a bed of greens.
- If you can get a block of feta to crumble yourself, it can be a better price and fresher.
- If saving leftovers, wait to add the greens until ready to serve the Mediterranean Chickpea Salad to keep greens fresh and prevent wilting.