Often, maintaining daily physical activity is difficult. Fortunately, there are easy ways to try and make it a habit.
Follow these tips to build physical activity into your daily routine!
- Make it convenient. Try being physically active at a time and place that is enjoyable for you.
- Do a variety of activities. Get out of your physical activity rut and try new activities to increase motivation and enjoyment.
- Find a buddy. Increase your support and accountability by setting a physical activity goal with a friend.
- Log your activity. By writing down your activities, exercise and physical activity is more likely to become routine. This is also a great way to track your progress.
- Do something every day. Try making physical activity a part of your daily rhythm. Just like you may eat breakfast or lunch at a certain time each day, try setting a time or place to be active.
- Get up early or utilize free time throughout the day. Increase your energy by adding physical activity into your free time during the day. Try going for a walk at lunch or stretch while watching TV.
- Start small. One of the biggest mistakes is to try and jump into a rigorous exercise routine or set unrealistic goals. Starting small sets a good foundation for creating a habit, and there’s less chance of getting burnt out or overwhelmed.
Being active can take time and commitment, but with a little patience and a positive attitude, you can make a lasting habit!
Did You Know?
Making something a habit can take much longer than expected but encouraging yourself to do something on most days of the week will become easier with time. Eventually, exercising and living an active life will feel like part of your regular routine