Increase your arm strength with lateral arm raises.
Use the tips listed below to help you get started:
- Perform this exercise safely with proper alignment by sitting up straight and rolling your shoulders back.
- Use a sturdy chair that allows you to put both feet on the ground comfortably. Avoid chairs that wheel, rock, or have handles.
- Always check with your doctor before beginning a new type of physical activity, or if you experience any pain or discomfort before or after an activity.
Lateral arm raises:
You can do this with no weight and simply do the motion with your arms or use hand weights or soup cans to add resistance.
- Start by holding two soup cans by your sides with your arms straight.
- Slowly raise them until they are parallel with the floor.
- After several seconds, slowly lower your arms back to the starting position. Repeat 10-12 times.