Recipe and photo by A Legume a Day.
Olive Bean Dip
- 1.5 cups (= 1 15-oz. can) cooked beans (this is a flexible recipe, feel free to use your favorite type of bean)
- ~1/4 cup olives and their juices – jarred olives preferred over canned
- Juice from 1/2 lemon, or to taste
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender. The liquid from the lemon and olives will help the mixture blend. Blend until desired consistency is reached, scraping down the sides of the food processor/blender as needed.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Serve with fresh vegetables and crackers. Enjoy!
- Olives jarred in brine can be more flavorful than canned olives and work better in this recipe. You could also use olives from an olive bar, if desired.
- Top with freshly chopped herbs for extra color and flavor.