Recipe and photo by A Legume a Day.
Chickpea Waldorf Salad
- 1.5 cups (= 1 15-oz. can) cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 cup grapes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery (~2 stalks)
- 2-4 Tbs minced red onion, to taste (optional)
- 2 Tbs Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse and prep the apple, grapes, celery, and onion; chop walnuts for the salad.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the salad ingredients: chickpeas, apple, grapes, walnuts, celery, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the salad dressing ingredients: yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the salad ingredients and stir well. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Up the tanginess level with an extra squeeze of lemon.
- If you have time to marinade the salad in the refrigerator before serving, that will help the flavors blend.