- 2 cups dry macaroni noodles
- 2 cans salmon (7-oz. each)
- ½ cup mayonnaise, plus more as needed
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh, chopped parsley (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Tabasco or favorite hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- Add salt to the cooking water. Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water briefly, so macaroni is warm but not hot. Drain again.
- In a large bowl, mix salmon and all other ingredients except macaroni and pepper.
- Stir in drained, warm macaroni. Season with pepper and hot sauce to taste, if desired.
- Chill before serving.
- If the salad dries out, add more mayonnaise or a small amount of water, as needed. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.