Homemade granola is easy to make and a cheaper, healthier alternative to many store-bought granolas.
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup chopped unsalted pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine oats and pecans in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, combine honey, oil, and spices. Warm over low heat, stirring frequently until mixture becomes thin. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Pour warm honey mixture over oats and pecans, toss to coat evenly. Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet, bake for 25 minutes. Gently flip with a spatula, add cranberries, and bake for 10 minutes more until dry and evenly brown. Cool.
Nutrition Information / Servings (7-8) / Amount Per Serving (3/4 cup): Calories 408, Total Fat 22.3 g, Saturated Fat 2.6 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 81.4 mg, Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 5.7 g