This olive oil dressing is a healthy and easy alternative to store-bought salad dressings. Get creative! Add in a teaspoon of dried herbs, some minced garlic, grated ginger, red pepper flakes, a teaspoon of honey, etc.
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Put all ingredients into a jar, or another container with a tightly sealed lid.
- Close the lid, shake well, and serve!
- Eventually the olive and vinegar will separate, so simply shake it back up.
- Get creative! Add in a teaspoon of dried herbs, some minced garlic, grated ginger, red pepper flakes, a teaspoon of honey, etc.
- The dressing should be stored in the fridge. It will keep well for several weeks, BUT if you add other ingredients such as fresh herbs, it should be eaten within 3 days.
- The olive oil may solidify slightly when refrigerated, but it will quickly return to liquid as it warms.
Nutrition Information / Amount Per Serving (2 tablespoons): Calories 182, Total Fat 21.0 g, Saturated Fat 3.0 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 80.2 mg, Total Carbohydrates 0.1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.0 g