These chicken soft tacos are sweet and savory and sure to be a hit!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion, cut into half rings
- 2 cups thinly sliced Granny Smith apple (about 2 apples)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 (8-in.) whole wheat flour tortillas
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with salt, cumin, and pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 7 minutes or until cooked and golden. Remove the chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 4 minutes or until tender, stir frequently. Add apple and red bell pepper; cook 6 minutes or until apple slices are golden, stir frequently. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stir constantly. Return chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes or until heated thoroughly, stir frequently.
- Heat the tortillas according to the package directions. Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture evenly over each tortilla.
Nutrition Information / Amount Per Serving (2 tacos): Calories 505, Total Fat 11.6 g, Saturated Fat 3.0 g, Cholesterol 80.2 mg, Sodium 695.5 mg, Total Carbohydrates 68.5 g, Fiber 10.1 g, Protein 33.8 g