These pumpkin muffins are free of gluten and very tasty!
Makes 8-12 muffins
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthin gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon
- 1 can of packed pumpkin (15 ounces)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Put liners in muffin pans.
- Mix together rice flour, potato flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and 1 1⁄4 cups sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, applesauce, and eggs. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix 15 – 20 strokes. Batter should be thick and lumpy.
- Mix together cinnamon and 1 Tbsp. sugar in a separate bowl.
- Add batter to muffin cups. Sprinkle top with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan for five minutes then transfer muffins from pan to rack.
Adjusted for 5,000 feet—will work from 3,500 -6,500 feet.
Nutrition Facts (Serving size 1 muffin / Servings per container 8-12): Calories 240, Calories from Fat 10, Total Fat 1.5g, Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 54g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 29g, Protein 3g