These gluten-free chocolate chip cookies use quinoa flour instead of traditional wheat flour and are delicious!
Makes approximately 5 dozen cookies
- 2 1⁄4 cups quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Adjusted for 5,000 feet—will work from 3,500 -6,500 feet.
Nutrition Facts (serving size 1 cookie, servings per container 60): Calories 110, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g, Dietary fiber 1g, Sugars 8g, Protein 1g