Try this quick and easy hummus recipe by itself, with vegetables, crackers, chips, on sandwiches, in wraps and more! The possibilities are endless.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 cups (15-oz. can) garbanzo beans, save the liquid
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cumin or paprika (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
- Place peeled garlic in blender/food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add garbanzo beans, tahini, olive oil, salt, lemon, and spices. Process to form a smooth puree. Add saved garbanzo liquid or water, as needed, for a smooth consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired, adding more salt, pepper, lemon, or spices.
- Try different spices, leave out the garlic, use garlic powder, or use bottled lemon juice.
- Leave out the tahini, or use peanut butter or another nut butter instead.
- Blend in cooked veggies such as roasted red pepper, spinach, eggplant, or beets.
- Substitute any kind of bean you like.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with parsley, spices, or a drizzle of olive oil. Serve as a dip with pita, veggies, and olives. You can also spread it on a sandwich, put it on a salad, or even eat it by the spoonful!
Nutrition Information / Amount Per Serving (1/4 cup): Calories 212, Total Fat 15.6 g, Saturated Fat 2.1 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 395.5 mg, Total Carbohydrates 14.6 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 5.6 g