- ¾ cup roasted, shelled pistachios (3 ounces), coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup dried cherries or dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 24 ounces bittersweet/dark chocolate chips or bars, finely chopped
- Line the bottom and sides of a jelly-roll pan or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over hot water. (Alternatively, microwave on low in 30-second bursts.) Stir often with a rubber spatula so it melts evenly.
- Remove the top pan and wipe dry (or remove the bowl from the microwave).
- Add the orange zest, half of the pistachios, and half of the cherries (or cranberries) to the chocolate; stir to mix well. Working quickly, scrape the chocolate onto the prepared pan, spreading it to an even 1/4-inch thickness with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the remaining pistachios and cherries on top; gently press it into the chocolate with your fingertips. Let cool at room temperature until completely cool until set.
- Invert the pan onto a large cutting board. Remove the pan and peel off the foil. Break with your hands or, using the tip of a sharp knife, score the chocolate lengthwise with 6 parallel lines. Break bark along the score lines. Break the strips of bark into 2- to 3-inch chunks.
- Once the bark has been broken up, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Make your bark just the way you like it by changing up the toppings to your favorites! Here are some suggestions to get you started:
Use 12 ounces of bittersweet/dark chocolate chips or bars and 12 ounces of white chocolate chips or bars. Follow the melting directions above. Scrape the bittersweet/dark chocolate onto the pan. Then, pour the white chocolate on top of the bittersweet/dark chocolate and swirl. Sprinkle 1/3 cup (~4 ounces) of crushed peppermint candies on top.
Nuts & Seeds Chocolate Bark
Stir ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds, ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds, and ¼ cup toasted and coarsely chopped almonds into melted chocolate. Scrape the bark mixture onto the prepared pan, and then sprinkle ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds, ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds, and ¼ cup toasted and coarsely chopped almonds on top. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt to finish.