This recipe roasts Brussels sprouts to a crispy perfection and offers a sweet/tangy flavor through the use of balsamic vinegar and honey.
Serves: 6 – 8
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 425 degrees F. Meanwhile, trim the bottoms from the sprouts if they appear dry or yellowed, and peel away the loose outer leaves. Cut each Brussels sprout in half through the stem (quarter if larger).
- Place the Brussels sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet. Add the oil and toss to coat. Season with the salt and pepper and toss to coat again.
- Roast, stirring halfway through, until the leaves are brown and crisp and the sprout is fork-tender, approximately 20 minutes total. Mix balsamic vinegar and honey in a small bowl. Drizzle sprouts with the balsamic vinegar and honey mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information / Servings (6) / Amount Per Serving (1 cup): Calories 141, Total Fat 8.4 g, Saturated Fat 1.2 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 380.0 mg, Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 4.6 g