Tabbouleh is a type of Mediterranean salad made with bulgar wheat and flavored with fresh mint, parsley, garlic and lemon. Try it today!
- 2 cups cooked bulgur wheat
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Combine the cooked bulgur, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic in a bowl. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with crumbled feta cheese, if desired.
- Try adding other ingredients such as diced cucumber, diced celery, chopped scallions, diced bell pepper, pine nuts, or chickpeas for more flavor.
Nutrition Information / Amount Per Serving (1/2 cup): Calories 101, Total Fat 5.4 g, Saturated Fat 0.8 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 10.3 mg, Total Carbohydrates 12.5 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 2.3 g