This simple twist on a fruit crisp uses oatmeal to add a crunchy and healthier topping.
- 3/4 – 1 cup blueberries OR 1/2 apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, if making apple crisp (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flour (Gluten-free = 1 1/2 tsp rice flour & 1 1/2 tsp tapioca flour)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/8 tsp of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Arrange a rack in the upper half of the oven and heat to 350 degrees F. Spray a ramekin with cooking spray.
- Toss fruit in 1/2 tsp of sugar and place in ramekin.
- In a small bowl combine flour and remaining sugar with the oats, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the butter and mash with a fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumble mixture on top of the fruit and bake for 25-35 minutes, until top is golden brown and fruit filling is bubbling.
*This recipe can be doubled and baked in a six-inch cast iron skillet or ovenproof bowl.
Blueberry: Nutrition Information / Servings (1) / Amount Per Serving (1 crisp): Calories 361, Total Fat 17.3 g, Saturated Fat 9.8 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Sodium 298.2 mg, Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 4.9 g
Apple/Cranberry: Nutrition Information / Servings (1) / Amount Per Serving (1 crisp): Calories 419, Total Fat 17.3, Saturated Fat 9.8 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Sodium 299.1 mg, Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 4.1 g