- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup chopped unsalted nuts or seeds
- 2/3 cup dried fruit, chopped if large
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine oats and nuts or seeds in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, oil, and spices. Warm over low heat, stirring frequently until mixture becomes thin. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour warm honey mixture over oats and nuts. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet, bake for 25 minutes.
- Gently flip with a spatula, add dried fruit, and bake for 10 minutes more until dry and evenly brown. Cool.
- Try using more than one type of dried fruit, nut, or seed.
- Add mix-ins you enjoy, like coconut flakes.